How To Book Your E-Passport Application Appointment In Kenya 2021
With the Covid-19 pandemic which has affected the whole world, it is safer for people to maintain social distance at all costs.
And that is why the online e-passport application appointment was also made accessible online by the Immigration Department of Kenya.
This will help to reduce the spread of Covid-19 in the country by maintaining social distance since people will not be crowded in one place to book, pick or collect their apartments.
Below is an easy guide on how to book an e-passport application appointment online in minutes.
This online booking system allows all citizens to book their appointments, chose the date they will collect their passports and so much more.
How To Book An E-passport Application Appointment:
- Head over to E-Citizen website
- Login to your E-citizen account if you already have an E-Citizen account. If you don’t have an account just yet, simply create one on the website right away.
- Now select the group you belong to, you should also denote whether it is your personal application or it’s is your child’s application.
- Once done, you will see a pop-up page with the details of your application. The page will include the amount of money you will pay depending on your category and passport pages and the amount of time it will take (for your passport to be ready) for you to receive your passport.
- Then you are given an option to select and confirm the correct options. ie: nationality.
- Next you will be able to indicate a couple of things such as:
Whether it’s your first time getting a passport in Kenya.
Whether you’re replacing a lost application.
The number of pages you want on your passport.
- Next you will be directed to a different page which you will need to fill in the following information about yourself;
The color of your eyes etc.
- Next you will be asked to correctly provide your parent’s details, next of kin details and children’s details (if you have any).
- Then you will be asked to filling in your recommenders’ information.
Remember that your recommender must be a Kenyan citizen who knows you as a person and they should NOT be your immediate relative.
- The next step is to upload all the necessary documents required and making the payments depending your passport category.
- The last step is to choose a preferred date, time and station that you will physically show up for biometrics.
It is possible to generate the appointment slip from the website after successfully completing the application process.
A Consent letter for minors.
An Old passport (for replacement).
Parents National ID cards and copy.
An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and 3 receipts.
An Original birth certificate and photocopy.
An Original National ID Card and a copy.
3 Current passport size photos.
Recommender’s National ID Card copy.
E-Passport Application Fees.