13+ Famous Kenyans Who Lost To Cancer
Here is the list of prominent Kenyans who battled cancer and lost.
What is cancer?
According to World Health Organisation, it is a broad cluster of diseases characterised by the growth of abnormal cells in the body.
As of last year, cancer was the second leading cause of death in the world.
Till date, there is no known cure for cancer and that is the biggest reason why Kenya has lost extremely important people.
In this article, we have list the names of late prominent people in the country who fought cancer and unfortunately lost.
With that being said, may their souls continue resting in eternal peace.
Prominent Kenyans Who Lost To Cancer:
- Bob Collymore
- Died in July 1, 2019 (Acute Myeloid Leukemia)
- Nderitu Gachagua
- Died in February 2017 (pancreatic cancer)
- Francis Nyenze
- Died on the 17th of December (colon cancer)
- Grace Kipchoim
- Died in April 2018 (colon cancer)
- Ben Oluoch
- Died in June 2018 (throat cancer)
- Jane Kiano
- Died in October of 2018 (lung cancer)
- Wangari Mathai
- Died in September 2011 (ovarian cancer)
- Joyce Laboso
- (ovarian cancer)
- Janet Kanini
- Died in April 1st 2017 (lung cancer)
- Waweru Mburu
- Died in September 2016 (gastric cancer)
- Calestous Juma
- Michelle Wararia Karume