How To Easily Register a TVET Institution In Kenya 2022
How can I start and register my Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College/Institute in Kenya?.
Here is an easy step by step guide on how to register a TVET Institution in Kenya and a list of all the requirements for one to register a TVET school in the country.
For one to run a TVET Institution in Kenya smoothly, they are required to register the institution to the TVET Authority.
The registration process and application can all be accessed online and make the registration process easier and faster.
If you own a TVET installation or you want to start a Technical Training Institute in Kenya such as a;
A National Polytechnic
A Teacher Training College
A Technical and Vocational College
Or a Vocational Training Center
In this article, we have provided an easy guide to follow to successfully register your institution in the country.
Before getting started with your technical institution registration process online, below are the requirements of registering a TVET school in Kenya.
Technical Training Institution (TVET) Registration Requirements:
Copy of KRA PIN for the Director(s)
Copy of ID for the Director(s)
Dully filled and signed BN2 form
Reserved business name search
Invoice for the name search
Applicable Registration fee
If you are in possession of all the above listed requirements.
Here is how you can be able to register a Technical and Vocational Education and Training Institution in Kenya.
TVET Institutions Registration Process:
- The first step is to perform a name search from the Registrar of companies, this can be done through the eCitizen Website.
- The next step is to obtain a letter of no objection on suitability of the name from TVETA (TVET Authority).
- Register the Business name with the office of the Registrar of Companies, this process can also easily be done through the eCitizen Platform.
- Once done, simply download the TVETA Application Forms for Accreditation of Institution, Trainer, Manager, Approval of Programs, Foreign Institution and Checklist.
(Use this link to access and download the above application forms – https://www.tveta.go.ke/downloads/)
- The next step is to submit the complete application documents to TVETA Offices, the offices are located in Utalii House 8th floor.
(Or email it to – [email protected]rity.go.ke)
- The documents submitted will be carefully reviewed and approved.
- Once approved, you will be required to pay the amount via M-Pesa or TVETA KCB Bank Account.
The amount of money you will pay will vary depending on various factors.
- Once you have completed this process successfully, you will complete a duplicate application form which will serve as an evidence of submitting your application, then you should receive an acknowledgement letter.
- After finishing the process, the premises of the TVET Institution will be scheduled for inspection by qualified officers.
- The respective representatives or officers will then prepare an inspection report which will be presented to TVETA Board for review
- The usual resolution of the TVETA Board based on reports could include;
Approval of the registration and licensing of the institution immediately
Reject of the application
Request the Institution to improve within a period of six months
- From the date of the application submission and report, it may take around 3 or less months for the results to be released from the TVETA Board.
The Board will always keep a register of every approved and accredited institution in the country.
- A Training License will be issued to the institution by the TVETA, including a Registration Certificate.
- Congratulations! You have now acquired a Technical Training License and the TVET Institution is now a registered and approved Technical Training Institute.
Below are the expected charges and fees that may apply during this process.
Institution Inspection for Registration fees:
- National Polytechnics
- Teacher Training Colleges
- Technical and Vocational Colleges
- Vocational Training Centers
Fees for Accreditation of any Additional Local Programs:
- Trade Test
- Higher/Advanced Diploma
Below is how to make your payments using mobile money, MPESA and through the Bank.
TVET Registration Payment Via M-PESA:
Open MPESA menu
Select Lipa na M-Pesa
Select the Pay Bill option
Enter Business Number as: 894135
Enter your Full Name as the Account Number
Enter the required amount of money to pay
Enter your MPESA PIN and press OK
You will receive a confirmation message.
For bank payments, follow the easy steps below.
TVET Registration Payment Via Bank:
A/C Name: Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority
A/C No.: 1212502450
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank
Branch: Kipande House
Once done with the enter process, the TVET Institution is now officially an Accredit Institution in Kenya.