Kenya Medical Practitioners: How To Apply for Annual Practice License
How can I apply for my annual license application and renew my license as a Kenya Medical Practitioner?.
Here is an easy guide to follow through to be able to apply for your annual license or renew the license online.
In Kenya, all health workers including any General Doctor and Specialists in the country are required to apply for their Practice Licenses through the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council online system.
If you want to renew your license online or you want to apply through the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council website.
In this article, we have provided a step by step guide to apply or renew your licenses online, fast easy and secure.
Before starting the application process online, here are a couple of things that you will need before starting your online application.
License Application Requirements:
A certified copy of original Degree or Diploma academic certificates, attested by one of the following;
The board’s Chief Executive Officer
A registered medical or dental practitioner
An advocate of the High Court of Kenya, and..
Original indexing card
A copy of the national Identity Card or Passport
The Prescribed fees (Amount)
To start your annual license application process, here are the steps to follow through.
Annual Practice License Online Application Process:
- Log in to the MPDC online portal here – osp.medicalboard.co.ke
- Once at the website, click on Register
- You will be asked to provide your details to logging or create your new account
- Once logged in successfully, go ahead and update your profile by simply filling out the required information
These information includes;
Date of birth
Your Photo (uploaded)
After completing the process of updating your profile in the website, it’s time to start your online application process for your annual practice license.
- Now Log in to your account
- Once logged in, select the Annual Practice License button
- Enter your retention details accordingly to continue.
- Select your retention county
- Select your type of practice
- Choose the type of license you want
- Enter your Employers details
- Select your county
- Select your work Station or your Facility
- Confirm that you have provided accurate information and click on the ‘Pay Now’ button to make your payment
- After making your payments successfully, which will be around Ksh. 10,000 the system will automatically generate an invoice for you
- Go ahead and download the generated payment invoice (receipt)
- Congratulations! You have successfully applied for your practice license.
The next step will be to wait for your license to be released and it will be available for download on the website (system).
Once the license is ready, simply log in back to your account and download the license then print it out as hard copy.