List of All ECDE TSC Registration Requirements 2023
What are the requirements one needs to meet for a successful ECDE TSC Registration?.
Here are all the ECDE TSC Requirements in Kenya.
In Kenya, before a teacher is legally authorized to start teaching in any Kenyan school, he or she is required to first of all register with the Teachers Service Commission (TSC).
Registering with TSC will enable you as a teacher to a aquire a TSC Number and a TSC Certification.
For teachers who are aspiring to become Pre-Primary teachers to teach the young children, there are certain requirements that one needs to meet so as to be able to register as a ECDE Teacher in Kenya.
Public Schools in Kenya normally employe ECDE Teachers who are registered by TSC and are in possession of their TSC number and their TSC Certificate.
With that said, below is the list of ECDE TSC Registration Requirements.
ECDE Teachers TSC Number Registration Requirements:
ECDE Certificate Holders;
- A KNEC Proficiency Certificate
(including an ECDE certificate from KNEC)
- A minimum mean grade of D+ in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
- An ECDE Certificate from KNEC
- A minimum mean grade of D plain in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
- At least CPE/KCPE certificate and an ECDE certificate from KNEC.
General Requirements for TSC Certificate Registration;
- A Relevant Academic and Professional Certificate from a recognized institution
- A copy of a National Identity Card (ID) or Passport
- A Certificate of Good Conduct
– Passport Photos
- A KRA Pin Certificate
- A duly filled GP 69 Medical Form and Payment of the registration fee
- Non-refundable fee of Kshs. 1055
(The payment is usually made to the TSC Registration Account, National Bank of Kenya – Number. 01001000905001 or MPESA Pay Bill Number: 625625)
- For those with degrees in ECDE must have attained a minimum mean grade C+ and above in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
- For those with university diplomas, the same applies, which is at least a mean of C+ in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
- For Diploma holders in ECDE from Teachers Training Colleges must have attained at least a mean grade of C plain in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) and have acquired an ECDE certificate from KNEC.
After meeting all the above ECDE TSC Registration Requirements for teachers, and being in possession of all the required documents, you can now go ahead and start the registration process smoothly.