How To Create A PayPal Account And Link It With M-Pesa
Here is an easy step by step guide on how you can create a PayPal Account in Kenya and link the account with your MPESA.
There are two types of PayPal Accounts, before creating a PayPal account, you should know what type of a PayPal account you would like to create, the two types of PayPal accounts are Personal Account and Business Account.
In Kenya, there are certain requirements you need to meet to successfully create a Kenyan PayPal account in Kenya that is linked with your MPESA number.
To create a PayPal account in Kenya that is connected with your M-Pesa Account, you need the following;
An Active Email Address (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook etc)
National ID Number (You MUST be 18 years or older to create a Kenyan PayPal Account)
A Registered Mpesa Number (an Active Mpesa number to link with your PayPal Account for purposes of; Depositing and Withdrawing in and out of PayPal)
If you have all the above requirements, here is how to create a PayPal account today and connect it with your MPESA number so you can transact freely through M-Pesa and PayPal.
It’s completely FREE to create a PayPal Account
Below is how to set up your own PayPal Account that is linked with MPESA.
How To Create A PayPal Account In Kenya:
- Visit PayPal’s Website and Click the Sign Up Button
- Select the account type you want to create an account on and click continue
(preferably ‘Personal Account’)
- Enter your Phone Number, which should be your active MPESA Number
(an SMS code will be sent to the number you have provided, for ownership verification)
- Enter the code sent to your Phone Number to verify ownership
- Set up your Profile details (Email address, First Name, Last Name and Password) by filling out the form that appears on the screen
(The names you fill out on the form should be exactly how they appear on your M-Pesa Number, you should NOT change letters or format to avoid any issues when linking your M-Pesa to PayPal)
- Fill out the second form by selecting your nationality, entering your national ID number, your address, your date of birth among others
- Click on the Agree tab to accept the terms and conditions of PayPal and your account is successfully created
As a result, PayPal will send you a Confirmation Link to your Email Address, you should click on the link in the email to verify your email.
You have successfully created a PayPal Account, now it’s time to link your PayPal Account with your M-Pesa Account.
Below is how to connect your M-Pesa Number with your PayPal Account.
To link your PayPal Account with MPESA follow these easy steps below.
How To Link PayPal Account With M-Pesa:
- Go to the PayPal Mobile Money Website and Click on Get Started
- A Pop-up page will appear on the screen, read the Terms and Conditions and Click Agree
- Enter your M-Pesa Number and click on Link your Accounts
(an SMS code will be sent to the MPESA Number you have provided)
- Type in the code sent to your phone and your MPESA is SUCCESSFULLY linked with PayPal
Your account is now active and connected, you can start transacting any time you want, anywhere you are.
That’s how to create a PayPal account that is connected with your M-Pesa account.