Nairobi Expressway: How To Get The ETC On Your Car (Online & Physically)
Here is how to apply and get The Nairobi Expressway ETC on your Car. The ETC Method is the fastest way to use the Nairobi Expressway but requires the installation of an On-Board Unit (OBU) in your vehicle.
To use the expressway, there are three options: cash payment, MTC Card (Manual Toll Collection), and ETC Method (Electronic Toll Card).
Follow the instructions below to be able to save time and fuel while using the Nairobi Expressway after installing the Electric Toll Card (ETC) on your car today.
Requirements To Apply For The ETC for Nairobi Expressway:
- Original and Copy of ID/Passport
- Copy of Vehicle Logbook
- Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation
- Copy of Company PIN Certificate
- Original and Copy of Contact Person’sPerson’s ID/Passport
- A copy of the vehicle’s Logbook
- Authorization letter
How To Apply For the Nairobi Expressway ETC:
The ETC service allows toll points to be electronically deducted through the pre-installed On-Board Unit (OBU) device offering a non-stop road service.
There are two ways to apply for the ETC service – physically and online;
- Online ETC Application Process:
To apply for an ETC (electronic toll collection) for Nairobi Expressway online in Kenya, follow the easy steps below;
- Visit customer.nairobiexpressway.ke
- Click “Create Account.”
- Select ”Individual” or ”Corporate” Account.
- Fill in the needed information and click “Submit.”
- Enter the Verification Code sent to you via SMS.
- Once on your Profile Dashboard, click “Apply” for new ETC.
- Fill in the needed information, including uploading a scan of your ID/Passport and a copy of your Logbook.
- Now choose an installation centre in Lavington or on Mombasa Road.
- You can now visit the installation centre and inform them that you have completed the relevant data online to complete the process
The installation process will be easy and quick once you arrive with your car at the installation centre you chose.
- Physical ETC Application process for the Nairobi Expressway:
- Visit the service centre at Nairobi Expressway Plaza
- Fill in the Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) service subscriber registration form
- Then present the required documents (ID/Passport and Logbook)
- You will be required to pay a service charge of Ksh 1,000.
- Install and activate your OBU device that will be mounted on your vehicle
Now you can purchase toll points but also have in mind that the minimum purchase amount of toll points for ETC service is Ksh 2,000 with a validity of one year.
Nairobi Expressway ETC Top Up Process:
- 1 – From the dashboard on customer.nairobiexpressway.ke click “Top Up Account” and follow the prompts to top-up via M-PESA or through Standard Chartered Bank.
- 2 – You can also top up ETC using USSD Code *208#
- 3 – Visit the Service Centre at the Nairobi Expressway Plaza to get assisted on how to top up your expressway ETC account.
How To Check Your Expressway ETC Balance:
It’s easy to check your Nairobi Expressway ETC balance, simply use the Expressway and your balance will be displayed on the screen ahead, written in red.
The other way is to log into your portal and view your statement. The statement also indicates entry and exit points and the precise timing and cash balance before and after payment.
Nairobi Expressway Contacts:
Physical Location: Nairobi Expressway Plaza, City Cabanas Mombasa Road
Service Hotline: 0111039777
Rescue Hotline: 0111039888
Email Address: [email protected]