Top 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2022
Africa has over 50 countries, and they are all competing against one thing.. Leading.
With the world’s economy getting even harder and harder to predict as years go by, the African economy is growing even more fast.
African economy is growing rapidly because of the improved infrastructure and the strong technology systems that is put in place in Africa these days.
Even though technology in Africa is lagging behind compared to other developed continents. Africa is still taking technology and consuming it the right way.
As a matter of fact, Africa is the richest continent in the world, in terms of raw material, such as oil, Agricultural products just to name but a few.
Now, in this article today, we are going to take a look at the richest countries in Africa, ranked from number one, which is considered the richest County in Africa, this year, to the 10th most wealthy country in the African continent.
In the list below of the ranking of the top 10 richest countries in Africa. We have also included the amount in dollars ($) that the country is worth, and that’s not all, we provide you with the top major resources that has made a given African country to be among the top 10 Richest Countries In Africa.
Some of these recourses include:
- Exported raw materials
- Agricultural products
- Tourism attractions
- Natural resources among others.
Below is the list of the Top TEN RICHEST African countries By GDP.
The list consists of the richest country in Africa this year to the 10 richest country in Africa.
We hereby present to you the Top 10 Richest Countries In Africa (By GDP)
Please note that “Country Worth” refers to “GDP” in this list.
Richest Countries In Africa:
- Country Worth: $446,543 Billion
- Mean Resource: Oil
- 2: South Africa
- Country Worth: $358,839 Billion
- Main Recourse: Gold, Iron ore and Platinum (group metals)
- 3: Egypt
- Country Worth: $302,256 Billion
- Main Recourse: Gas extractives, Tourism, wholesale and retail trade, Real estate and Construction
- 4: Algeria
- Country Worth: $172,781 Billion
- Main Recourse: Natural Gas and Oil
- 5: Morocco
- Country Worth: $119,04 Billion
- Main Recourse: Industries and Agriculture
- 6: Kenya
- Country Worth: $98,607 Billion
- Main Recourse: Agriculture and Tourism
- 7: Angola
- Country Worth: $91,527 Billion
- Main Recourse: Oil and Natural Gas
- 8: Ethiopia
- Country Worth: $91,166 Billion
- Main Recourse: Agriculture and Manufacturing
- 9: Ghana
- Country Worth: $67,077 Billion
- Main Recourse: Crude oil, Cocoa, Gold and Timber
- 10: Tanzania
- Country Worth: $62,224 Billion
- Main Recourse: Farming, Mining and Tourism
As seen in the above list, Nigeria tops the charts as the richest country in Africa with a GDP of $446.543 Billion, then very closely followed by South Africa (SA), at position 2 as the second most wealthy country in the African continent, with a GDP of $358.839 Billion.
The rank of the richest countries in Africa is not permanent, it changes quite frequently and a new country might join the top 10 richest countries in Africa or a country currently listed among the richest countries in Africa (top 10) may disappear from the list.
This is not a final list of the Top Wealthiest Countries in our beloved continent Africa.