How To Apply for your Interim Driving License In Kenya 2023
How can I apply and aquire an Interim Driving License?.
Here is an easy guide on how you can be able to apply and aquire your NTSA interim driving license in Kenya today.
With an interim driver’s license, you are allowed by law to drive on the road without a qualified driver by your side, only after you have passed your NTSA driving test exams and you are waiting for your actual driving license to be ready.
If you are looking for a way of acquiring an interim driving license so that you can keep driving legally as you wait for your driving license.
In this article, we have provided a step-by-step guide to apply and get your interim license.
Remember, you are only allowed by law to use the interim driving license for not more than a year.
The license is only valid for 365 days from the day you acquired it.
The application fee for an interim driving license in Kenya is around Ksh. 750.
With that said, below is how to apply for an interim driving license.
How to Apply for an Interim Driving License Online:
To Apply for interim driver’s license, simply;
- Log in to your eCitizen portal or create an account if you don’t have one yet
- Once you are logged in, hover over to the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) section
- Select the ‘Make Application’ option
- Select the ‘Driving license NC’ to continue
- Choose the TDb type, (which is the last one, at the very bottom)
- Select your License Test Drive booking number to continue, by
submitting your selection
- You will now be required to make the application payment through your preferred payment method. We recommend you to use the M-Pesa method to make payments
- After making the payment, you will be able to now download your interim driving license from the system
- At the top right corner, there will be an option to download your license.
- Download the copy and print out the hard copy of your interim license.
- Congratulations! You now have an interim license
That’s it, you now have an interim driving license to use before your original license is out.
As said earlier, the interim will only last for a year, check on your interim to confirm the exact date your interim license will expire.
When you receive your original driver’s license, you might need to renew it from time to time.
Below is an easy process of renewing your driving license in Kenya.
How to Renew a Driving License in Kenya:
To be able to renew your driving license, simply;
- Log into your eCitizen Account and open NTSA Services
- Click on driving license
- Select the ‘Renew Driving License’ option to continue
- Choose the validity period you want for your driving license from the options provided and click on ‘Submit’
- Choose your preferred payment method and make your payments
- A Driving License will be automatically generated for you and you can download it and print it out as hard copy
You can now use the new driving license copy and remove the old one from your booklet.
That’s how you can be able to apply for an interim in Kenya and how to renew a driving license online.