How to Book for NTSA Vehicle Inspection In Kenya 2023
How can I book my NTSA Annual Motor Vehicle Inspection?.
Here is an easy step by step guide on how you can be able to Book for your motor vehicle inspection fast and easy.
As you might know, it is required for all car owners in Kenya to forward their vehicles for inspections.
The vehicle inspection process in Kenya is done every year and here is how to easily book your vehicle inspection.
NTSA Motor Vehicle Inspection Requments:
Applicable Booking Fee: Ksh.1750 (average)
Your Motor Vehicle: Present the car that is to be inspected by the NTSA inspecting officer
You must show up: You physically need to be there for your vehicle to be inspected
Payment Invoice: The original copy to proof that you have made the payment for the annual vehicle inspection
An NTSA TIMS Account: To be able to book your vehicle inspection online
With that said, below is how to book for vehicle inspection for your car through the NTSA website.
How to Book for NTSA Annual Motor Vehicle Inspection:
To book for your NTSA Annual Vehicle Inspection, you will first need to have an active NTSA TIMS account to start the process. Simply create one for free if you don’t have it already.
If you have the account, here is how to book your NTSA annual motor vehicle inspection.
- To start your Annual Vehicle Inspection Booking Process, you will need to log in to your Transport Integrated Management systems (TIMS) Portal. (Your NTSA TIMS Account)
- Once logged in, hover over to the Vehicle Inspection section.
(Note that if this is your first time booking, in short if you are a new car owner, on the website, there will be no list in your account, which means you will have to go ahead and click on ‘New Car Booking’ option to fill out all the required information such as; your car’s custom entry number.)
- Anyways, once done, click on ‘Annual Booking’ below the New Car Booking section
- Enter your Vehicle’s Registration Number or select your vehicle on the list provided (vehicles under your name) in the portal
- After choosing the vehicle you want to be inspected, go ahead and choose your preferred payment method
- Make your payments through your preferred payment method then click on the complete button when done paying
- The system will automatically generate a receipt for your payment which you should download for future use/reference
- When you are done, click on the Booking Tab to continue with the booking process
- Select your preferred inspection center, preferably the center that is near to you or easily accessible from your location
- Select your preferred time to get your vehicle inspected depending on your schedule
(Note that the slots (Date & Time) that are in color Green are available while the slots that are in color Red are slots that are already booked, which means they are not available)
- Once done, click ‘submit’ and you will be taken to a page where you can click on the ‘Details’ button to display all your details
- The system allows you to print out the inspection booking slip incase you need it as hard copy
- Congratulations! You have successfully booked your NTSA Annual Vehicle Inspection.
The next step will be to present your car for inspection at the inspection center you chose, and at the date and time you selected.
(Don’t forget to take your payment receipt (payment invoice) with you during the inspection day)
Here is the list of vehicle parts that are going to be inspected in a Kenyan annual vehicle inspection.
List Of Items That Are Tested During Vehicle Inspection:
Tyre type, size and condition
Spare wheel carrier
Tyre condition road wheels and hubs
Engine/Exhaust and the fuel system
Chassis and Frame
General Service Brake and Air Pressure System
Wheel Bearings, Kingpins and Bushes
Stub Axle Assemblies
Steering Mechanism/Power Steering
Electric and Lighting System
Front and Rear Lamp
The Front number Plates condition illumination
Instruments Panel Gauges
General Electrical System
The Speed governor condition
Parking brake condition
Vehicle control and stability on a test drive
The Service brake efficiency and balance
Body and Interior
Body Color, confirmed through the logbook
Condition of seats
CAB/Body condition specifications
The car Doors
Reflectors & Chevrons
Security/stability of mounting Seat belts
The Bumper Bars and Side Mirror
The car’s windscreen glass
Car specifics; eg, The Name, Brand, yellow band etc
General Car Parts
FIRST AID KIT
The Brake Clutch Acceleration
NTSA has a mobile application that is recommended for Kenyan drivers.
Here is the list of features that the NTSA Mobile App has and what you can do with the App.
List of NTSA App Features:
Check your Vehicle/s inspection status
Check the status of your SACCO licence
Check the status of PSV Licensing
Check the status of your vehicle’s Night Travel License
Check your Driving License Status
Verify application status
You can also report road incidents through the App
Below is a list of NTSA Inspection Centres in Kenya
NTSA Inspection Centers In Kenya:
Nairobi Area inspection center
Ruaraka inspection center
Garissa inspection center
Embu inspection center
Nyeri inspection center
Nyahururu inspection center
Thika inspection center
Voi inspection center
Kisi inspection center
Kericho inspection center
Eldoret inspection center
Kitale inspection center
Machakos inspection center
Meru inspection center
Kisumu inspection center
Mombasa inspection center
Kakamega inspection center
Likoni inspection center
Nakuru inspection center
All these centers are used by NTSA Inspection Officers to inspect cars.
That’s how to book for the annual vehicle inspection in Kenya.