How To Easily Apply For A Provisional Driving License In Kenya
How can I get my provisional Driving license?
Here is a step by step guide on how to apply and acquire a Provisional Driver’s license in Kenya quick and easy.
Acquiring a Professional Driving License gives you the right to drive while you are still learning at a recognized driving school in Kenya or participating in driving classes.
A Provisional Driving License (PL) in Kenya is valid for not more than 3 months from the time of acquiring the license.
If you are in need of a provisional driving license to drive around before getting your Kenyan Driving License.
In this article, we have provided with a step by step guide on how can be able to apply a provisional driving.
The license application process can be done through the NTSA TIMS online website.
Note The Following:
Even with a Provisional Driving License, you are still limited to some extent.
The limits include;
Holding a Provisional Driving Licence does not allow you to drive on the main road without the company of a qualified driver.
The Provisional Driving License (PDL) is only valid for 3 months
You should still go to a driving school and learn everything to get the normal Driving License in Kenya, even if you have a provisional driver’s license.
With that said, here is how to apply for a provisional license online.
Follow the easy steps below to apply and acquire your provisional driver’s license.
Provisional Driving License Application Process:
Here is exactly how to apply for a provisional driver’s license online.
Provisional Driving License Application Requments:
An active NTSA TIMs Account
An active Email Address and Phone Number
- The first step of applying for a Provisional Driving License is to log in to your NTSA TIMS account, or create one if you don’t have it yet
- Once logged in to your TIMs account, hover over and click on the ‘Driving Licence’ Option
- On the next page, you will be required to select the type of Driving License you want to apply for, which is the “Application for PDL” option
- After you are done, click next and you will be redirected to another page where you are going to make the Application Payment from.
- Pay for the application fee which should be around Ksh. 650, using your preferred payment method, to continue
- After completing the process, your provisional driving license will be generated by the system and you can download and print out the hard copy of your license
- Congratulations! You can now use the provisional driving license to drive while you are still in school.
That’s how to apply online and get your Provisional Driving License.
Use the Provisional Driver’s License with caution because it is a limited driving license.