How To Unsubscribe From Safaricom Auto Renewal Data, SMS and Promotions
Want to spot auto renewal data bundles on Safaricom or premium SMS and promotions that consume your airtime without your consent?.
Here is how to UnSubscribe from any subscription on your Safaricom line that is consuming your airtime without your permission.
If you ever notice that your Safaricom airtime keeps being deducted frequently, almost daily without you, using it, there is a huge chance that you are subscribed to auto renewal data bundles, SMS or news/alerts notifications that use your airtime.
The problem is most people do not realize while subscribing to these services, sometimes you click the wrong prompt and you are automatically subscribed to these services that will keep using your credit.
If you want to completely Unsubscribe from Daily, weekly or monthly auto renewal data bundles, SMS, news and updates alerts from consuming your airtime.
In this article, we have provided an easy guide on how you can completely stop these unwanted services from using your airtime instantly.
If you subscribe to any of these premium SMS and data packages unknowingly or knowingly, below is how to completely Unsubscribe from them for good.
How to Stop Auto Renewal Data, SMS and Premium Services on Safaricom:
To completely Unsubscribe from services that use your airtime on your Safaricom line without your permission.
Follow the easy steps provided bellow;
- Dial *456# using your Safaricom sim card
- Select the ‘STOP’ option to opt out from the subscription
- Select ‘Promotional Messages’
- Select ‘Stop Promotional Messages’
You have successfully Unsubscribe from the premium SMS services that use your airtime.
How to completely Unsubscribe from Safaricom Auto Renewal Data:
- Dial *544#
- Select ‘Data’
- Select ‘Unsubscribe from Auto Renewal’
The other method to opt out from daily, weekly or monthly auto renewal Data.
- Dial *100#
- Select ‘My Subscriptions’
- Select ‘Active Subscriptions’, and you will be able view all your active subscriptions that are currently using your airtime and Unsubscribe from all of them
Unsubscribe from SMS;
- Copy the premium text message sent to you or forward the SMS to 200975.
- You can also copy the name of the sender and send that name to 200975
You will receive a confirmation text message confirming the successful opt out.
You can always subscribe back again in the future if you want to, but that’s basically how to opt out from services that use your Safaricom airtime.