Top 10 Counties With The Highest Registered Voters In Kenya 2022
These are the top 10 Kenyan Counties today that have the highest number of IEBC Registered Voters who are going to vote on the 9th of August 2022.
The higher the number of voters in a particular county in Kenya, the more strength the county has on election.
In other words, these counties are strongholds of different candidates in the ballot.
Find out below which counties have the most Kenyan voters who might make a huge difference in the coming election.
In the IEBC 2022 registered voters, Nairobi County has the highest number of registered voters.
Nairobi county has recorded an increase in registered voters at 2,415,310 ahead of the August 9 General Election.
Only 3 Counties in Kenya have recorded over 1 million registered voters which are Nairobi, Kiambu and Nakuru County respectively.
The commission’s chairman Wafula Chebukati said the audit conducted by KPMG showed there were 246,465 deceased voters and 481,711 with duplicate records.
It also indicated that 226,143 voters were registered with identification documents that didn’t validly belong to them (fake voters).
With that being said, below is the list of the top 10 counties in Kenya that have the highest number of registered voters according to IEBC.
Top Registered Voters By County:
- Nairobi County – registered voters: 2,415,310 (2.5 million)
- Kiambu County – registered voters: 1,275,008 (1.2 million)
- Nakuru County – registered voters: 1,054,856 (1.05 million)
- Kakamega County – registered voters: 844,551
- Meru County – registered voters: 772,139
- Machakos County – registered voters: 687,565
- Bungoma County – registered voters: 646,598
- Mombasa County – registered voters: 641,913
- Kisii County – registered voters: 637,010
- Murang’a County – registered voters: 620,928