Samia Suluhu 10 Unknown Facts About Tanzania’s First Female President
Who is Samia Suluhu?
H.E. Samia Suluhu Hassan is a Tanzanian politician. She has been in the political world in Tanzania for years.
Samia is a very strong and devoted woman not only as a politician but as mother to her lovely children.
In this article we have covered the top 10 most unknown facts about Samia Suluhu Hassan popularly know as Samia Suluhu.
Below are the 10 facts about Samia including her political history, relationship and marriage, children, education, presidency and other important information about Samia Suluhu.
The comprehensive list of 10 Unknown Facts about Samia Suluhu is listed below.
Facts About Samia Suluhu:
- H.E Samia Suluhu is set to become the FIRST EVER female president of the Republic of Tanzania following the death of president John Pombe Magufuli.
If Samia Suluhu gets sworn in as the President of Tanzania, she will be the second woman to become a president in an East African country. In this case, Tanzania.
- Samia Suluhu was born on January 27, 1960 in the Sultanate of Zanzibar. She studied statistics at the Zanzibar Institute of Financial Administration.
Then she later got employed by the Ministry of Planning and Development as a clerk.
In the year 1986 she joined Mzumbe University for advanced studies in Public Administration. Suluhu later joined the Institute of Management for Leaders, Hyderabad in India for a course in management.
She also attended the University of Manchester for her postgraduate diploma in economic and in 2005 she did her master degree in community economic development through a joint program between Open University of Tanzania and Southern New Hampshire University, USA.
- H.E. Samia Suluhu is happily married to Hafidh Ameir. They are blessed with three sons and a daughter.
Her husband Hafidh Ameir is a retired agriculture officer.
- Samia Suluhu has been a Tanzanian politician since the early 2000.
- Back in July of 2015, Samia Suluhu became the second female vice-president in East Africa.
- She was first elected as a member of the Zanzibar House of Representative for special seat in 2000, and was appointed Minister by then President Amani Abeid Karume of Zanzibar.
- On the Republic of Tanzania, Samia Suluhu was the only high-ranking woman minister in cabinet.
- Samia Suluhu Joined National Assembly in 2010, where she was elected to the National Assembly in a landslide win in 2010 as the MP representing Makunduchi constituency, marking her entry into national electoral politics.
- Samia is the first female running mate on a CCM party.
- Samia Suluhu’s daughter is also a huge politician in Tanzania.
Samia Suluhu has proved to Tanzanians that she is able and willing to lead and serve the country.
Those (above list) are some of the life facts about the Tanzanian politician Samia Suluhu Hassan.