MCA Salary Scale: Salaries and Allowances for MCAs In Kenya 2022
How much do Kenyan MCA make per month?.
Here is how much an MCA in the country makes monthly including their allowances.
What is the meaning of MCA?
The abbreviation MCA means a Member of County Assembly.
For one to become a kenyan MCA and help in governing a Kenyan County, one is required to meet certain requirements and qualifications.
Below is the list of qualifications for becoming an MCA in Kenya this year.
MCA Election Qualifications:
For you to get elected as a member of the county assembly in Kenya, the qualifications you will need to meet include;
- Unless disqualified under clause
- A person is eligible for election as a member of a county assembly (MCA) if the person;
- is registered as a voter;
- satisfies any educational, moral, and ethical requirements prescribed by this Constitution or an Act of Parliament; and
- is either –
(i) nominated by a political party; or
(ii) an independent candidate supported by at least five hundred registered voters in the ward concerned.
- A person is disqualified from being elected a member of a county assembly if the person;
- is a State officer or other public officer, other than a member of the county assembly;
- has, at any time within the five years immediately before the date of the election, held office as a member of the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission;
- has not been a citizen of Kenya for at least the ten years immediately preceding the date of the election;
- is of unsound mind;
- is an undischarged bankrupt;
- is serving a sentence of imprisonment of at least six months; or
- has been found, in accordance with any law, to have misused or abused a State office or public office or to have contravened Chapter Six.
- A person is not disqualified under clause.
- unless all possibility of appeal or review of the relevant sentence or decision has been exhausted.
With that being said, below is how much an MCA earns monthly and all MCA allowances.
MCA Salaries and Allowances:
Kenyan MCAs earn money monthly from their basic salaries, allowance and tenders among other personal sources of income such as the companies they own which are always receiving county tenders from the government.
In general, kenyan MCA make an average of Ksh. 160,000 per month as their basic salary.
MCA also Make Money from Monthly Allowance.
Below is how much an MCA Makes as Monthly Allowance.
MCA Monthly Allowance:
MCA make Ksh. 5,000 each month as their Airtime Allowance and another Ksh. 5,000 as their Sitting Allowance per session.
The Monthly Mileage Allowances of MCA in Kenya is Ksh. 40,000.
On an average basis, MCAs also received around Ksh. 150,000 Per Diem of Local and Foreign Travel among other allowances.
SRC which directly regulates and determines salaries received by civil servants, Members of Parliament, teachers, Senators, MCAs, and other categories of Civil Servants.
The commission unleashed a new salary scale that recommends an MCA basic salary of about Ksh. 123,750 for all members of county assembly (MCA).
According to SRC new salaries, an MCA will take home Ksh. 500,000 after factoring in all the allowances.
As of this year, that’s the amount of salary an MCA in Kenya makes monthly from working as a Member of County Assembly.