Equity Bank Agent Application | How To Become An Equity Bank Agent in Kenya
With Equity bank growing bigger and bigger each year, you are most assured that you will make good money by becoming an Equity bank agent in your area.
As an agent of the Equity Bank of Kenya, you will earn a commission on every successful transaction you make.
If you are wondering how much commission you will be able to make in every transaction done through you by an Equity bank client, well, don’t worry.
We got you covered on that, continue reading and you will know how much Equity bank agents in Kenya make every time a transaction is done through them.
On every transaction such as a withdrawal or a deposit that is successfully processed through you, Equity bank will pay you a commission for the transactions.
Before you can become an Equity Bank agent, you will need to meet certain Equity Bank minimum requirements, to be able to be accepted into the team of Kenyan Equity Bank agents.
Here are the requirements necessary for one to become an Equity Bank agent.
Equity bank agent requirements:
- You should have an existing business that has been operating for the past 12 months, in the same location.
- You should have a valid business permit for your business
- Your business should be located in an open area with a reliable security service.
- Your business should not fall victim of any kind of negative activity that may negatively affect your business’s reputation.
- You may need the current statements for the last 6 months in business.
As an Equity Bank Agent, here are a couple of services that you will be offering to every Equity bank client that visits your agency.
As an Equity agent, you will be helping Equity Bank clients on the following:
- Bill payments
- Cash deposits
- Cash withdrawals
- School fees payments
- Rent payments
- Money transfer
- Balance inquiries
- Mini statement requests
- Account opening
- NHIF payments
- NSSF payments
- KRA payments
You will be taught how to do all the above, there is no need to do the research yourself. Everything will be explained to you before you are approved as an agent.
Now the time most of us have been waiting for, has come how much money do Equity Bank Agent in Kenya pocket per transaction?.
This is how much you can make per transaction as an Equity Bank agent.
Here is the commission that an Equity Agent makes:
Equity Bank Agent Commission:
Equity Bank Agent Commission for Deposits;
- Amount Deposited: Ksh.100 to 5,000
- Amount Deposited: Ksh.5,001 to 10,000
- Amount Deposited: Ksh.10,001 to 20,000
- Amount Deposited: Ksh.20,001 and above
That’s not all, every withdrawal done through your equity bank agency also earns you a commission, here is how much you can make for every withdrawal done through you.
Equity Bank Agent Commission for Withdrawal;
- Amount: Ksh.100 to 2500
- Amount: Ksh.2,501 to 5,000
- Amount: Ksh.5,001 to 10,000
- Amount: Ksh.10,001 to 20,000
- Amount: Ksh.20,001 to 35,000
- Amount: Ksh.35,001 to 50,000
- Amount: Ksh.50,001 and above
If you thought that’s it, you are definitely wrong, an Equity Bank agent also earns commissions by helping out Equity Bank Clients.
You will earn commissions if you successfully help a client out with the following Equity Bank services:
- Account Opening
- Eazzy 24/7
- E hapo hapo
- Account Reactivation
To successful apply and become an Equity Bank Agent in Kenya, you will need to provide some documentations that are required for one to apply for an equity agent application.
Below is a list of documents that you are required to provide so as to proceed with the Equity Bank Agent application form.
Equity bank agent required documents for application:
- An agency banking application duly completed & signed by the applicant
- Your National ID and copies for the principal applicant
- A certificate of good conduct
- Business profile, provide a brief description of the commercial activity of your business in the past 12 months
- A copy of certificate of incorporation or certificate of registration of the business name as applicable
- The Bank or Loan statements from any other institution for the past 12 months
- Provide 3 copies of pre-signed Equity Agent Contract to accompany the application
- An audited financial records for the past 12 months
- Credit Reference Bureau report (CRB)
- Two passport size photos for every applicant
- Curriculum vitae (CV) of all the applicants
- 3 colored photos of the business outlet
- You may also need to provide articles and memorandum of association or Partnership deed where applicable
- A well described sketched map for business location, and your home location
- Board resolution (applicable to companies and partnerships)
- Provide a valid business license or permit for any lawful commercial activity carried on by the entity
If you have all the necessary documents, you can fill out the Equity Bank Agent form which us available at an Equity Bank Branch near you.
An advantage of becoming an Equity agent, is that you are allowed to run a couple more agencies/services along with your Equity Bank Agency.
These services may include but not limited to:
Co-op Kwa Jirani among others.